THERE HAVE BEEN 2,000 CALIFORNIANS MURDERED BY ILLEGALS THAT FLED BACK OVER THE BORDER TO AVOID PROSECUTION.
CA HAS THE LARGEST AND MOST EXPENSIVE STATE PRISON SYSTEM IN THE COUNTRY. HALF THOSE INCARCERATED ARE ILLEGALS FROM MEXICO.
THERE ARE NOW MORE THAN A MILLION MEX GANG MEMBERS IN THIS COUNTRY.
Escondido's city-federal effort to oust illegal immigrants draws praise, criticism
Escondido police and ICE agents join to snag and deport people with deportation orders or criminal records. Some welcome U.S. involvement. Others say the targets are sometimes well-established community members with decades-old convictions.
By Richard Marosi, Los Angeles Times
5:11 PM PST, February 4, 2011
Reporting from Escondido
It was just an inconvenient traffic stop on the way through town for Javier Barrera Saldivar. Police had spotted the broken tail light on his car, and he figured he'd get a fix-it ticket and be on his way. But federal immigration officers soon rolled up, wielding handcuffs and Barrera's mug shot on a cellphone.
The Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers have been stationed at the Police Department of this San Diego County city since May, responding to everything from traffic stops to gang sweeps in an aggressive effort to clear the community of illegal immigrants with deportation orders or criminal records.
Barrera, 24, the records showed, was a previously deported illegal immigrant with convictions for drunk driving and possessing a false driver's license. Instead of receiving a traffic citation and being released — which is what typically would have occurred — he was arrested and placed in deportation proceedings.
Barrera is among 303 illegal immigrants arrested and placed in deportation proceedings so far in a program dubbed Joint Effort, which allows federal agents to reach deeper into the streets for immigration scofflaws than in almost any other community in the country. Most arrests are of illegal immigrants with deportation orders and drunk-driving records, but gang members and sex and drug offenders have also been snared and deported.
Since the pair of ICE agents moved into police headquarters, the pilot program, which was recently made permanent, has been hailed by many as a welcome expansion of federal authority. ICE officials say they would consider expanding the program if other communities expressed interest.
But opponents say the presence of immigration officers on the streets of Escondido has put Latinos, who constitute slightly more than 50% of the population of 140,000, on edge.
One local immigrant rights group last year issued a travel advisory for people visiting the city, saying the program invites racial profiling. Critics contend that the measure is the latest effort by City Hall, which once tried to punish landlords for renting to illegal immigrants, to create a hostile environment for Latinos.
"The city of Escondido is the Arizona of San Diego County," said Kevin Keenan, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union in San Diego and Imperial counties. "The program is an extreme example of local police working with federal immigration agents, and neglects the tremendous harm to public safety from scaring to death our immigrant communities."
But backers call the program a balanced approach toward changing Escondido's status as a revolving-door destination for previously deported illegal immigrants. Officers arrest only previous deportees or people with criminal records; illegal immigrants encountered on city streets who have clean records are not arrested, said Police Chief Jim Maher.
"We're here to protect everybody regardless of what their [immigration] status is, but if they're criminals then we make every effort to get them out of Escondido," Maher said.
Federal immigration officers working shoulder to shoulder with local police would be a welcome sight in many regions of the country where there is growing support for tougher enforcement measures against illegal immigration.
"I think there are many police departments across the country that would love to have a similar arrangement, if ICE were able to staff it," said Jessica Vaughan, director of policy studies at the Center for Immigration Studies, which supporters stricter immigration laws.
With the Obama administration under pressure to burnish its immigration enforcement credentials, Joint Effort represents one of the boldest measures yet to boost deportation numbers. Most deportations of criminal aliens — 58,000 nationwide in the last two years — result from ICE agents and local police running immigration checks of inmates at jails. The Escondido program goes a step further, targeting immigrants who come in contact with police but would not typically be booked into jail.
ICE officials in San Diego said officers regularly encounter illegal immigrants in Escondido with no criminal records. They are not detained because the program focuses only on people who are deemed threats.
"Escondido is not a huge community, and police were seeing these guys over and over again," said Robin F. Baker, ICE's director of enforcement and removal operations in San Diego. "These are people that have victimized the community before."
A young man recognized by police as a previously deported immigrant, someone hanging out with known gang members or someone pulled over who can't provide identification can now be subject to an immediate immigration check.
When Escondido police officers pulled over Barrera in October for the broken tail light, he couldn't provide a driver's license. He gave his name to the officer, who called ICE agents. A few minutes later the agents rolled up to the scene, having determined through a database check that Barrera had previous convictions and had been deported in 2005. After they confirmed his identification through the image on a cellphone, Barrera was arrested. The woman and child in the car were not checked for their immigration status, police said.
Few police departments in California, including the Los Angeles and San Diego departments, inquire about immigration status on routine police contacts. The Escondido program is most similar to one in Arizona, where federal immigration officers can respond to traffic stops. Under that program, however, all illegal immigrants, regardless of criminal history, can be arrested, according to ICE.
Having immigration officers inside the city, Escondido police say, has made the city safer by exposing people who pose a threat. One man stopped for walking after hours along a drainage canal turned out to be a convicted wife batterer; another man pulled over for having tinted windows in his car, an immigration check showed, was a convicted child molester.
But critics contend that most detainees are people with drunk driving convictions from long ago who are hardly criminals.
"What about a person who was 21 years old, convicted in 1979, and here we are in 2011, he's now in his 50s, has a family and hasn't had any law enforcement contact, and he gets deported. Is that what we want?" said Bill Flores, a local activist and former assistant sheriff for San Diego County. "It ruins lives unnecessarily."
When Salvador Santoyo Juarez, 61, was pulled over last month for a having tinted windows in his car, an immigration check revealed that he had convictions for child molestation, drug transportation and drunk driving — all more than 20 years old.
To his family, the grandfather of eight was hardly a threat to the community, spending most of his days resting his injured hip in front of the television. His wife, Carmen, 54, said his deportation would tear the family apart. "There are so many bad people, and they focus on the one who does nothing," she said. "How sad."
But police and federal agents said Santoyo is just the kind of person Joint Effort was designed to snare. Maher, the police chief, said he hopes the word gets out so illegal immigrants with criminal records who are considering a return to the U.S. will think twice about it.
"Maybe at some point that criminal alien will say, 'You know what, I'm going back to America, but I'm not going back to Escondido, because they have this program,' " Maher said.
Go to http://www.MEXICANOCCUPATION.blogspot.com and read articles and comments from other Americans on what they’ve witnessed in their communities around the country. While most of the population of California is now ILLEGAL, the problems, costs, assault to our culture by Mexico is EVERYWHERE. copy and pass it to your friends.
Report Illegals & Employers Toll Free... (866) 347-2423
INS National Customer Service Center Phone: 1-800-375-5283.
http://www.ice.gov/ ICE, ice, ICE
CONTACT THE HISPANDERING LA RAZA PARTY PRESIDENT HERE:
You can contact President Obama and let him know of your opposition to amnesty for illegal aliens:
UCLA PROFESSOR CALLS FOR MEXICAN REVOLT IN UNITED STATES
Wake up America!!! Illegal Immigration has to be stopped. Take a look at this website and see where all your tax dollars are going: http://immigrationcounters.com/
See: CFR’s Plan to Integrate the U.S., Mexico and Canada
http://www.proliberty.com/observer/20050816.htm The Great Alien Invasion - What's Happening Now http://www.rense.com/general69/inva.htm
"Bush Secret Border Wars" Mayhem and terror in Southern states to protect government drug cartels
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/august2005/140805borderwars.htm Mexican/Bush Crime
“Through love of having children, we are going to take over.” AUGUSTIN CEBADA, BROWN BERETS, THE LA RAZA FASCIST PARTY
EVERYDAY THERE IS A KIDNAPPING BY A MEXICAN IN PHOENIX!
illegals vs crime
206 Most wanted criminals in Los Angeles. Out of 206 criminals--183 are hispanic---171 of those are wanted for Murder.
Why do Americans still protect the illegals??
TEN MOST WANTED CRIMINALS IN CALIFORNIA ARE MEXICANS!
ARTICLE_ID=53103 Did you know illegals kill 12 Americans a day?
FBI Crime Statistics - Crimes committed by illegals.
They claim all of North America for Mexico!
THE MEXICAN CRIME TIDAL WAVE SPREADS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES
Everyday there are 12 Americans murdered by Mexicans and 8 children molested!
California Attorney Gen Kamala Harris announced that nearly HALF of all murders in Mex-occupied CA are by MEX GANGS!
WILL MEXICO BANKRUPT AMERICA?
CALIFORNIA UNDER MEXICAN-OCCUPATION PAYS OUT $22 BILLION PER YEAR IN SOCIAL SERVICES TO ILLEGALS!
WILL OHIO BE BANKRUPTED BY THE LA RAZA MEX-OCCUPATION THAT NOT ONE LEGAL VOTED FOR?
HOW MANY BILLIONS ARE MARYLANDERS FORCED TO PAY FOR MEX WELFARE AND LOOTING?
BARACK OBAMA, FIRST HISPANDERING LA RAZA “THE RACE” PRESIDENT – HIS LA RAZA SUPREMACIST INFESTED ADMINISTRATION:
OBAMA AND MEXICO PROMISE ILLEGALS JUMPING OUR BORDERS OBAMACARE, “FREE” MEDICAL, “FREE” ANCHOR BABY BIRTHING = 18 YEARS WELFARE, AND OUR JOBS!
ROBERT RECTOR: THE STAGGERING COST OF MEXICO’S INVASION, OCCUPATION AND EVER GROWING WELFARE STATE
ONE OF MEXICO’S BIGGEST EXPORTS NEXT TO DRUGS, AND CRIMINALS ARE PREGNANT WOMEN. THESE POOR DESPERATE WOMEN JUMP OUR BORDERS FOR “FREE” ANCHOR BABY BIRTHING = 18 YEARS OF WELFARE FOR EACH CHILD.
THE CHILDREN BORN OF MEXICANS THAT ILLEGALLY CROSSED OUR BORDERS IS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN BUT STILL A CITIZEN OF MEXICO.
THE LOOTING OF AMERICA BY MEXICO, BARACK OBAMA and ERIC HOLDER
OBAMA’S HISPANICAZATION of AMERICA:
ANCHOR BABIES – HOW MEXICO ANCHORS THEIR OCCUPATION AND EXPAND THEIR WELFARE STATE IN OUR BORDERS!
FIFTEEN THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT LA RAZA “THE RACE”
by Michelle Malkin
Only in America could critics of a group called "The Race" be labeled racists. Such is the triumph of left-wing identity chauvinists, whose aggressive activists and supine abettors have succeeded in redefining all opposition as "hate."
Both Barack Obama and John McCain will speak this week in San Diego at the annual conference of the National Council of La Raza, the Latino organization whose name is Spanish for, yes, "The Race." Can you imagine Obama and McCain paying homage to a group of white people who called themselves that? No matter. The presidential candidates and the media have legitimized "The Race" as a mainstream ethnic lobbying group and marginalized its critics as intolerant bigots. The unvarnished truth is that the group is a radical ethnic nationalist outfit that abuses your tax dollars and milks PC politics to undermine our sovereignty.
Here are 15 things you should know about "The Race":
15. "The Race" supports driver's licenses for illegal aliens.
14."The Race" demands in-state tuition discounts for illegal alien students that are not available to law-abiding U.S. citizens and law-abiding legal immigrants.
13. "The Race" vehemently opposes cooperative immigration enforcement efforts between local, state and federal authorities.
12. "The Race" opposes a secure fence on the southern border.
11. "The Race" joined the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee in a failed lawsuit attempt to prevent the feds from entering immigration information into a key national crime database -- and to prevent local police officers from accessing the data.
10. "The Race" opposed the state of Oklahoma's tough immigration-enforcement-first laws, which cut off welfare to illegal aliens, put teeth in employer sanctions and strengthened local-federal cooperation and information sharing.
9. "The Race" joined other open-borders, anti-assimilationists and sued to prevent Proposition 227, California's bilingual education reform ballot initiative, from becoming law.
8. "The Race" bitterly protested common-sense voter ID provisions as an "absolute disgrace."
7. "The Race" has consistently opposed post-9/11 national security measures at every turn.
6. Former "Race" president Raul Yzaguirre, Hillary Clinton's Hispanic outreach adviser, said this: "U.S. English is to Hispanics as the Ku Klux Klan is to blacks." He was referring to U.S. English, the nation's oldest, largest citizens' action group dedicated to preserving the unifying role of the English language in the United States. "The Race" also pioneered Orwellian open-borders Newspeak and advised the Mexican government on how to lobby for illegal alien amnesty while avoiding the terms "illegal" and "amnesty."
5. "The Race" gives mainstream cover to a poisonous subset of ideological satellites, led by Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan, or Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan (MEChA). The late GOP Rep. Charlie Norwood rightly characterized the organization as "a radical racist group … one of the most anti-American groups in the country, which has permeated U.S. campuses since the 1960s, and continues its push to carve a racist nation out of the American West."
4. "The Race" is currently leading a smear campaign against staunch immigration enforcement leaders and has called for TV and cable news networks to keep immigration enforcement proponents off the airwaves -- in addition to pushing for Fairness Doctrine policies to shut up their foes. The New York Times reported that current "Race" president Janet Murguia believes "hate speech" should "not be tolerated, even if such censorship were a violation of First Amendment rights."
3. "The Race" sponsors militant ethnic nationalist charter schools subsidized by your public tax dollars (at least $8 million in federal education grants). The schools include Aztlan Academy in Tucson, Ariz., the Mexicayotl Academy in Nogales, Ariz., Academia Cesar Chavez Charter School in St. Paul, Minn., and La Academia Semillas del Pueblo in Los Angeles, whose principal inveighed: "We don't want to drink from a White water fountain, we have our own wells and our natural reservoirs and our way of collecting rain in our aqueducts. We don't need a White water fountain … ultimately the White way, the American way, the neo liberal, capitalist way of life will eventually lead to our own destruction."
2. "The Race" has perfected the art of the PC shakedown at taxpayer expense, pushing relentlessly to lower home loan standards for Hispanic borrowers, reaping millions in federal "mortgage counseling" grants, seeking special multimillion-dollar earmarks and partnering with banks that do business with illegal aliens.
1. "The Race" thrives on ethnic supremacy -- and the elite sheeple's unwillingness to call it what it is. As historian Victor Davis Hanson observes: "[The] organization's very nomenclature 'The National Council of La Raza' is hate speech to the core. Despite all the contortions of the group, Raza (as its Latin cognate suggests) reflects the meaning of 'race' in Spanish, not 'the people'-- and that's precisely why we don't hear of something like 'The National Council of the People,' which would not confer the buzz notion of ethnic, racial and tribal chauvinism."
The fringe is the center. The center is the fringe. Viva La Raza?