The Reverend Jesse Jackson, that vaunted icon of the left and grand old man of civil rights activism, and famed community organizer in Chicago, has been accused of dirty-old-man style groping. The accusation was made by a young journalist, Daniell...
The Reverend Jesse Jackson a groping lecher?
I used to work for a very popular media company, and we had a meeting that ended with a keynote speech by the living legend, the Rev. Jesse Jackson. So, of course, the conference room was packed wall-to-wall.After Jackson’s riveting and inspiring speech about the responsibility of black journalists, we all lined up to take a photo with him. One by one, we stepped up, shared a few words and thank-yous with Jackson, snapped photos and went back to our desks. Simple enough, right?I walked toward Jackson, smiling, and he smiled back at me. His eyes scanned my entire body. All of a sudden, I felt naked in my sweater and jeans. As I walked within arm’s reach of him, Jackson reached out a hand and grabbed my thigh, saying, “I like all of that right there!” and gave my thigh a tight squeeze.
Coupled with the embarrassment and humiliation many women feel after being sexually assaulted, black women have to worry about their story lacking credibility. And this is why we either hesitate to speak out or don’t speak out at all.
‘He grabbed my thigh, saying "I like all of that right there"': Journalist claims she was sexually harassed by Rev Jesse Jackson and Oscar-nominated director John Singleton
- A female journalist on Tuesday accused the Rev Jesse Jackson of groping her thighs during a picture-taking session
- Danielle Young, a writer for The Root , penned an article in which she alleges that Jackson touched her inappropriately while also making a crude sexual remark
- ‘As I walked within arm’s reach of him, Jackson reached out a hand and grabbed my thigh, saying, “I like all of that right there!”'
- Jackson then 'gave my thigh a tight squeeze,' she writes
- Although Rev Jackson does not recall the meeting, he profoundly and sincerely regrets any pain Ms Young may have experienced,’ Jackson's rep said
- Young also accused famed film director John Singleton of making unwanted sexual advances
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5060399/Writer-claims-sexually-harassed-Jesse-Jackson.html#ixzz4xs7szWbD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook