Mississippi lawmakers move ahead on tough immigration bill
By Robbie Ward | Reuters – 20 hrs ago
STARKVILLE, Mississippi (Reuters) - Mississippi lawmakers moved closer to enacting legislation to crack down on illegal immigrants in the state, though the proposal does not go as far as neighboring Alabama's law, widely seen as the toughest in the nation and now the focus of a court challenge by the Obama administration.
The Mississippi House of Representatives voted early on Thursday to pass the Mississippi Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act by a vote of 68-49.
The measure, the latest of several efforts by states in the South and West to enact stringent restrictions on illegal immigrants, now goes to the state Senate, where it is expected to pass the Republican-controlled upper house. Governor Phil Bryant, also a Republican, has spoken publicly in support of the legislation.
The Mississippi bill would require police to check the immigration status of individuals who are arrested. Unlike neighboring Alabama, it does not require police to check the immigration status of anyone they detain and suspect of being in the country illegally.
The approved version of the bill did not include earlier provisions that would have allowed police to check the immigration status of people pulled over in traffic and public schools to check the legal status of students.
Last week, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, based in Atlanta, issued a brief order expanding its initial injunction against the Alabama law. It blocked enforcement of provisions that barred illegal immigrants from obtaining a driver's license and barred courts from enforcing contracts that involved illegal immigrants.
The appeals court in October blocked the state from enforcing another key provision of the law that required schools to check the immigration status of children upon enrollment.
Supporters of the Mississippi bill say it was crafted to survive court challenges.
The Obama administration has argued that regulation of immigration should be handled by the federal government and not the states.
In April the U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments in a challenge to Arizona's immigration law, enacted in 2010.
(Reporting By Robbie Ward)
MISSISSIPPI DOES NOT WANT TO BE THE NEXT LA RAZA WELFARE AND MEX GANG STATE LIKE MEXIFORNIA, WHERE LEGALS ARE FORCED TO PAY OUT $20 BILLION PER YEAR IN SOCIAL SERVICES TO ILLEGALS, AND WHERE THE CA ATTORNEY GEN DECLARES THAT NEARLY HALF THE MURDERS ARE BY MEX GANGS!
CA PUTS OUT $20 BILLION PER YEAR IN SOCIAL SERVICES TO ILLEGALS!!!
CA HAS THE LARGEST AND MOST EXPENSIVE PRISON SYSTEM IN THE NATION. HALF THE INMATES ARE ONE OF MEXICO’S SECOND LARGEST EXPORT; THE COMMON CRIMINAL!
ACCORDING TO CA ATTORNEY GEN. KAMALA HARRIS, HALF THE MURDERS IN CA ARE BY MEX GANGS!!!
THERE ARE ONLY EIGHT STATES WITH A POPULATION GREATER THAN LOS ANGELES COUNTY WHERE HALF THE JOBS ARE HELD BY ILLEGALS USING STOLEN SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS. THIS SAME COUNTY PAYS OUT $600 MILLION IN WELFARE TO ILLEGALS, PRIMARILY TO MEXICO’S THIRD LARGEST EXPORT; PREGNANT WOMEN!!!
THE LA RAZA INFESTED STATE LEGISLATURE HAS JUST PASSED THE ULTIMATE MEXICAN DREAM ACT – THEY HAVE MADE IT ILLEGAL FOR EMPLOYERS TO USE E-VERIFY! VIVA LA RAZA???
OH, AND MEXICO’S LARGEST EXPORT ABOVE POVERTY, LOOTERS, CRIMINALS AND ANCHOR BABY BIRTHERS IS DRUGS!!! MEXICO HAULS BACK $20 - $60 BILLION PER YEAR IN DRUGS!!!
YOU REALLY WANT OBAMA’S AMNESTY, OR CONTINUED NON-ENFORCEMENT???
“But then something went radically wrong as California legislatures and governors built a welfare state on high tax rates, liberal entitlement benefits, and excessive regulation.”
THE FASTEST GROWING POLITICAL PARTY IN AMERICA IS THE MEXICAN FASCIST PARTY of LA RAZA “THE RACE”. IT’S AGENDA IS TO ELECT ENOUGH LA RAZA DEMS, OR LA RAZA SUPREMACIST (ONE-QUARTER OF THE HOUSE ARE NOW THE CONGRESSIONAL HISPANIC CAUCUS --- LA RAZA IN CONGRESS), TO CREATED A BORDERLESS OCCUPATION WITH NARCOmex, TO ESTABLISH A LA RAZA WELFARE STATE IN OUR BORDERS (L.A. COUNTY ALONE PUTS OUT $600 MILLION IN WELFARE TO ILLEGALS) TO SABOTAGE E-VERIFY SO EVEN MORE ILLEGALS GET OUR JOBS, AND TO FLY THE MEX FLAG OVER MORE SANCTUARY CITIES! YOU’RE LIVING IN A HOLE IF YOU DON’T REALIZE LA RAZA IS WINNING!!!
FROM HEATHER MACDONALD:
LA RAZA LIES
BASIC LA RAZA PROPAGANDA LIES:
Lie #1: Legals that think our nation’s laws and sovereignty should be obeyed are racist. There’s nothing more racist than a Mexican! When poor from Central America cross the border into Mexico they are apprehended and put in prison. When an employer in Mexico hires an illegal, he is fined and jailed.
Lie #2: Illegal aliens take jobs Americans won't do.
Truth: Americans are willing to do most jobs at a fair wage, but they won't do those jobs at "slave wages" or minimum wage. Thus, American workers are constantly replaced by illegal aliens willing to work for half or a third of what American workers once received. These jobs that once afforded a middle class life style now only offer illegal alien workers poverty level wages, resulting in the shrinkage of the "American Middle Class" and the enormous growth of an ever‑increasing "underclass" dependent on government entitlements.
Lie #3: Illegal aliens contribute more to the economy and tax base than they take.
Truth: A large portion of illegal aliens work for cash "under the table" paying no taxes. The great majority of illegals make $6‑$8 per hour, ($12,480 ‑ $16,640 per year). At such income levels, not only is there no tax due, but they also qualify for the "earned income tax credit". In California, public education alone costs over $7,500 per pupil. Multiply that times 2‑4 children, add the costs of free school breakfast and lunch, free medical care, food stamps, housing subsidies, and other entitlement "give‑aways". Harvard Professor George Borjas estimates illegal immigration costs the U.S. 70 billion dollars per year and Californians $1,300 per household annually in additional taxes. The Center for Immigration Studies estimate that the average Mexican illegal alien will use $55,200 more in public services during his lifetime than he pays in taxes.
Lie #4: Without illegal alien farm labor, a head of lettuce would cost $3.00.
Truth: It already costs $3.00. You just make a $1.00 down payment at the grocery store. The government finances the other two dollars until tax time, when the additional $2.00 balance is extracted from your wallet in the form of higher taxes. The Agriculture industry gets cheap labor and higher profits, while shifting all the social costs of illegal immigrant labor to the American tax payer.
Lie #5: Most illegal aliens come here only to seek work and are law‑abiding "citizens".
Truth: In Los Angeles, as of January, 2004, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two‑thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens. A confidential California Department of Justice study reported in 1995 that 60 percent of the 20,000‑strong 18th Street Gang in southern California is illegal; police officers say the proportion is actually much greater. The bloody gang collaborates with the Mexican Mafia, the dominant force in California prisons, on complex drug‑distribution schemes, extortion, and drive‑by assassinations, and commits an assault or robbery every day in L.A. County. The gang has grown dramatically over the last two decades by recruiting recently arrived youngsters, most of them illegal, from Central America and Mexico.(Source: The Illegal‑Alien Crime Wave, by Heather MacDonald, City Journal, Winter 2004)
FIFTEEN THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT LA RAZA “THE RACE”
by Michelle Malkin
Only in America could critics of a group called "The Race" be labeled racists. Such is the triumph of left-wing identity chauvinists, whose aggressive activists and supine abettors have succeeded in redefining all opposition as "hate."
Both Barack Obama and John McCain will speak this week in San Diego at the annual conference of the National Council of La Raza, the Latino organization whose name is Spanish for, yes, "The Race." Can you imagine Obama and McCain paying homage to a group of white people who called themselves that? No matter. The presidential candidates and the media have legitimized "The Race" as a mainstream ethnic lobbying group and marginalized its critics as intolerant bigots. The unvarnished truth is that the group is a radical ethnic nationalist outfit that abuses your tax dollars and milks PC politics to undermine our sovereignty.
Here are 15 things you should know about "The Race":
15. "The Race" supports driver's licenses for illegal aliens.
14."The Race" demands in-state tuition discounts for illegal alien students that are not available to law-abiding U.S. citizens and law-abiding legal immigrants.
13. "The Race" vehemently opposes cooperative immigration enforcement efforts between local, state and federal authorities.
12. "The Race" opposes a secure fence on the southern border.
11. "The Race" joined the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee in a failed lawsuit attempt to prevent the feds from entering immigration information into a key national crime database -- and to prevent local police officers from accessing the data.
10. "The Race" opposed the state of Oklahoma's tough immigration-enforcement-first laws, which cut off welfare to illegal aliens, put teeth in employer sanctions and strengthened local-federal cooperation and information sharing.
9. "The Race" joined other open-borders, anti-assimilationists and sued to prevent Proposition 227, California's bilingual education reform ballot initiative, from becoming law.
8. "The Race" bitterly protested common-sense voter ID provisions as an "absolute disgrace."
7. "The Race" has consistently opposed post-9/11 national security measures at every turn.
6. Former "Race" president Raul Yzaguirre, Hillary Clinton's Hispanic outreach adviser, said this: "U.S. English is to Hispanics as the Ku Klux Klan is to blacks." He was referring to U.S. English, the nation's oldest, largest citizens' action group dedicated to preserving the unifying role of the English language in the United States. "The Race" also pioneered Orwellian open-borders Newspeak and advised the Mexican government on how to lobby for illegal alien amnesty while avoiding the terms "illegal" and "amnesty."
5. "The Race" gives mainstream cover to a poisonous subset of ideological satellites, led by Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan, or Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan (MEChA). The late GOP Rep. Charlie Norwood rightly characterized the organization as "a radical racist group … one of the most anti-American groups in the country, which has permeated U.S. campuses since the 1960s, and continues its push to carve a racist nation out of the American West."
4. "The Race" is currently leading a smear campaign against staunch immigration enforcement leaders and has called for TV and cable news networks to keep immigration enforcement proponents off the airwaves -- in addition to pushing for Fairness Doctrine policies to shut up their foes. The New York Times reported that current "Race" president Janet Murguia believes "hate speech" should "not be tolerated, even if such censorship were a violation of First Amendment rights."
3. "The Race" sponsors militant ethnic nationalist charter schools subsidized by your public tax dollars (at least $8 million in federal education grants). The schools include Aztlan Academy in Tucson, Ariz., the Mexicayotl Academy in Nogales, Ariz., Academia Cesar Chavez Charter School in St. Paul, Minn., and La Academia Semillas del Pueblo in Los Angeles, whose principal inveighed: "We don't want to drink from a White water fountain, we have our own wells and our natural reservoirs and our way of collecting rain in our aqueducts. We don't need a White water fountain … ultimately the White way, the American way, the neo liberal, capitalist way of life will eventually lead to our own destruction."
2. "The Race" has perfected the art of the PC shakedown at taxpayer expense, pushing relentlessly to lower home loan standards for Hispanic borrowers, reaping millions in federal "mortgage counseling" grants, seeking special multimillion-dollar earmarks and partnering with banks that do business with illegal aliens.
1. "The Race" thrives on ethnic supremacy -- and the elite sheeple's unwillingness to call it what it is. As historian Victor Davis Hanson observes: "[The] organization's very nomenclature 'The National Council of La Raza' is hate speech to the core. Despite all the contortions of the group, Raza (as its Latin cognate suggests) reflects the meaning of 'race' in Spanish, not 'the people' -- and that's precisely why we don't hear of something like 'The National Council of the People,' which would not confer the buzz notion of ethnic, racial and tribal chauvinism."
The fringe is the center. The center is the fringe. Viva La Raza.
*WIKILEAKS EXPOSES OBAMA’S AGENDA OF OPEN BORDERS WITH NARCOMEX
OBAMA’S HISPANICIZATION OF AMERICA FOR THE LA RAZA VOTE:
OBAMA’S LA RAZA SUPREMACIST INFESTED ADMINISTRATION
THE PLEDGE OF SUBMISSION TO LA RAZA “THE RACE” THE MEXICAN OCCUPIERS:
Lou Dobbs Tonight
Monday, February 11, 2008
In California, League of United Latin American Citizens has adopted a resolution to declare "California Del Norte" a sanctuary zone for immigrants. The declaration urges the Mexican government to invoke its rights under the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo "to seek third‑nation neutral arbitration of disputes concerning immigration laws and their enforcement." We’ll have the story.
But here is the National Council of La Raza basing its doctrine on the writings of a man who was, for a time, an open Nazi sympathizer! Is that blatant hypocrisy, or what?
Mexico’s previous president, Vicente Fox, has boasted that Mexicans who speak Spanish in the U.S. are doing their patriotic duty (to Mexico, of course) and complained about Anglo-Saxons not getting with the globalization program fast enough.
Well, in the 1990s, the organization's longtime president Raul Yzaguirre declared that "US English [the organization] is to Hispanics as the Ku Klux Klan is to blacks."