HOUSTON: ONLY THE POOR DROWN IN THIS COUNTRY!
Katrina, Hurricane Harvey has lifted the lid on the ugly reality of American
society, exposing colossal levels of social inequality, pervasive
poverty and ruling class criminality."
30 August 2017
Chest-high floods set US record, dams overflow, ten confirmed dead with numbers expected to rise and 17,000 evacuees pour in to overcrowded shelters as experts warns Hurricane Harvey is worse than Katrina - and it's STILL not over
- Nearly 20,000 people are in shelters across Texas and parts of Louisiana are now being evacuated
- Flood water in Houston continues to rise as US Army engineers release water from two nearby reservoirs
- Homes near the dams will be flooded for months as a result of the controlled release of water
- The storm has set a new record for the most rainfall from a single weather event with 49 inches falling in parts
- There is no official death toll yet as emergency services are too overwhelmed with rescuing the living to look for the bodies of the dead
- A Houston police officer drowned as he made his way to work on Tuesday after becoming stuck in water
- President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump flew in to Houston on Tuesday as the disaster continued
- More than 280,000 people are without power, hospitals are bursting with patients and more rain is on the way
- To donate to the Red Cross's Hurricane Harvey relief fund, click here or call 1-800-435-7669
When George Bush finally showed up at Katrina, he brought with him a massive no bid deal for Cheney-Halliburton to clean up on the clean up! That included cutting wages for legals and letting the Mexicans pour in. Pour in La Raza did There was a surge in anchor babies for welfare and Mex gang related crimes which always follows Mexico's invasion and occupation.
The Houston flood, the anarchy of the capitalist market and the case for socialist planning
30 August 2017
is not hard to fathom. They have been resolutely
opposed by corporate interests, including the real
estate industry, Wall Street and Big Oil. Their
ability, operating through bribed politicians of
both parties, to veto and block elementary
measures to protect the American people,
exemplifies the complete subordination of all
social needs under capitalism to the selfish drive
of a corporate-financial oligarchy to accumulate
ever greater levels of personal wealth and profit.
industry, slavishly praised Trump, the
representative of the real estate interests that have
ruthlessly plundered Houston and led it to its
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4833114/Harvey-sets-sights-Louisiana.html#ixzz4rBHty5O4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook