1. The County of Los Angeles puts out ONE BILLION DOLLARS in welfare for illegals. Not one LEGAL voted for this.
2. The Mexican tax free underground economy is L.A.C. is calculated to be in excess of TWO BILLIONS DOLLARS.
3. Of the top 200 most wanted criminals in the City of Los Angeles, 185 or more are typically illegal Mexicans.
4. The City of Los Angeles puts out $10 MILLION for Mexican graffiti abatement.
The Fiscal Cost of Unlawful Immigrants and Amnesty to the U.S. Taxpayer
Unlawful immigration and amnesty for current unlawful immigrants can pose large fiscal costs for U.S. taxpayers. Government provides four types of benefits and services that are relevant to this issue:
- Direct benefits. These include Social Security, Medicare, unemployment insurance, and workers’ compensation.
- Means-tested welfare benefits. There are over 80 of these programs which, at a cost of nearly $900 billion per year, provide cash, food, housing, medical, and other services to roughly 100 million low-income Americans. Major programs include Medicaid, food stamps, the refundable Earned Income Tax Credit, public housing, Supplemental Security Income, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- Public education. At a cost of $12,300 per pupil per year, these services are largely free or heavily subsidized for low-income parents.
- Population-based services. Police, fire, highways, parks, and similar services, as the National Academy of Sciences determined in its study of the fiscal costs of immigration, generally have to expand as new immigrants enter a community; someone has to bear the cost of that expansion.
“Illegal immigration is another matter entirely. With the state budget in tatters, millions of residents out of work and a state prison system strained by massive overcrowding, California simply cannot continue to ignore the strain that illegal immigration puts on our budget and economy. Illegal aliens cost taxpayers in our state billions of dollars each year.