Moreover, the Inspector General released a report last year showing that illegal aliens received an astounding $4.2 billion in taxpayer dollars by claiming the ACTC in 2010.
ANOTHER OBAMA HANDOUT TO ILLEGALS?
The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration released a report last week indicating that Internal Revenue Service (IRS) managers discouraged their employees from detecting illegal alien tax fraud. (Fox News, Aug. 9, 2012)
The latest Treasury Inspector General report legitimizes years of employee complaints about deficiencies in the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) application review and verification process. Although illegal aliens are unauthorized to work in the U.S., they are required to comply with federal tax laws. As a result, the IRS grants illegal aliens ITINs to allow them to file tax returns.
However, the report reveals that IRS management “has not established adequate internal controls to detect and prevent the assignment of an ITIN to individuals submitting questionable applications.” (See TIGTA Report 2012-42-081 at p. 6, July 16, 2012) According to the Inspector General's findings, IRS management has:
· Created an environment which discourages tax examiners responsible for reviewing ITIN applications from identifying questionable applications;
· Eliminated successful processes used to identify questionable ITIN application fraud patterns and schemes; and
· Established processes and procedures that are inadequate to verify each applicant's identity and foreign status. (Id.)
In particular, the report notes that IRS management cares more about quickly processing ITIN applications than ensuring it grants ITINs to only qualifying individuals. The report reads, “The lack of emphasis on identifying questionable applications is demonstrated by the processing time periods set for tax examiner review of the applications, the lack of extensive training on identifying questionable applications, and the criteria tax examiners are required to follow when identifying an application as questionable.” (Id. at p. 6) Even more telling of the IRS' unwillingness to stop fraud, the report notes that even if criteria and training were adequate, IRS protocol makes it unrealistic to expect employees to be able to identify fraudulent applications because the IRS accepts mere copies of supporting documentation rather than requiring the original document or a certified copy. (Id. at p. 7) The report concludes that as a result of such policies, the IRS ends up assigning ITINs to individuals with fraudulent applications — primarily illegal aliens — which enables them to commit tax fraud.
Alarmingly, the IRS has known of such tax fraud for at least a decade, following a September 2002 report revealing that illegal aliens had been using ITINs to collect the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). Under the ACTC, illegal aliens can receive tax refunds even if they did not pay any taxes themselves. Because of this, the Inspector General said, “it is essential that the IRS have adequate processes and procedures that ensure only qualified and eligible individuals are assigned an ITIN.” (Id.)
Nonetheless, cases of illegal aliens committing ACTC fraud are rampant. Earlier this year, an investigation by an Indianapolis news station uncovered that illegal aliens working unlawfully in the U.S. were claiming the tax credit for minor relatives — primarily nieces and nephews — living outside of the country, in Mexico. The Indianapolis reporter also spoke with an illegal alien who revealed that multiple illegal aliens had been scamming taxpayers by using the same address to claim the ACTC for 20 minors, when in fact only one child actually lived at the given address. His explanation: “If the opportunity is there and they [the government] can give it to me, why not take advantage of it?” (NBC wthr.com, July 5, 2012)
Moreover, the Inspector General released a report last year showing that illegal aliens received an astounding $4.2 billion in taxpayer dollars by claiming the ACTC in 2010. (See TIGTA Report 2011-41-061, July 7, 2011; see also FAIR Legislative Update, Sept. 6, 2011)Although several Members of Congress have introduced bills to eliminate the ability of illegal aliens to receive this tax credit by requiring a valid social security number, Congressional leadership refuses to act
Illegal Aliens Grab BILLIONS in Lucrative Tax Scandal!
I'd like to ask you a simple question: do you support your tax money going directly into the hands of illegal aliens? Last year the government forked over more than $4.2 billion to illegal aliens through the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) -- a credit designed to help American families.
1 Trailer + 4 Illegal Aliens + 20 "Dependents" = $29,608 of YOUR money
FAIR kept you in the loop about the misuse of the ACTC by illegal aliens. But recently, a whistle-blower out of Indiana sparked a local exposé on the abuse of this tax credit. The stories are shocking! Illegal aliens claiming up to 9 nieces and nephews in one tax return. One trailer in Indiana claimed 20 nieces and nephews between 4 illegal aliens and grabbed $29,608 in tax returns. When approached, the illegal alien admitted 19 of these children lived in Mexico and had never set foot in America. When asked why, he shrugged saying he did it because he could! I urge you to see the story for yourself here.
FAIR has been working on Capitol Hill to close this loophole and require anyone who receives this benefit to be here legally. I need to know that we have your support. Should we continue to allow OUR tax money to be funneled to illegal aliens through the fraudulent misuse of tax-credits? The House has already passed a provision to require a valid social security number to receive this benefit, but we're facing heavy resistance in the Senate. That's why we need your help now! Cutting off billions of dollars to illegal aliens is not partisan politics; it's the responsible thing to do.
Thanks to your generous support, FAIR has been fighting for the rights of Americans for over 30 years. Our credibility and integrity as a public advocacy group is well known in Washington and around the nation. We have built the lasting relationships with legislators and are working with our friends in Congress to close this outrageous and costly loophole once and for all, but we need your help! Your $25, $50, $100 tax-deductible donation will help us save Americans billions of dollars and continue the FAIR fight to restore justice to our immigration system.
My sincere thanks,
Dan Stein, President
P.S. You can also mail your tax-deductible contribution to FAIR at 25 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Suite 330 Washington D.C. 20001, Attn: Membership.
Millions Of Illegal Immigrants Are Using A Massive Scam To Get Bigger Tax Refunds Than You Are
Did you know that illegal immigrants all over the United States are using a massive scam to receive tax refunds from the federal government that are often in excess of $10,000? It is estimated that 2 million illegal immigrants are filing fraudulent tax returns each year and that they are pulling in more than 4 billion dollars in tax refunds every year that they are not entitled to. They are doing this by abusing the additional child tax credit and the IRS knows all about it and yet they refuse to do anything to stop it. Illegal immigrants are filing tax returns that sometimes claim 10 or 12 nieces and nephews as dependents, and most of the time those nieces and nephews do not even live in the United States. So while you and I are being taxed into oblivion, many illegal immigrants are often pulling in tax refunds that are well into five figures. At a time when the federal government is absolutely drowning in debt, this is the type of fraud that desperately needs to be cracked down on, and yet the IRS refuses to take action.
Posted below is the shocking investigation by WTHR in Indianapolis that broke this story wide open. If you have not seen this yet, it is definitely worth the 6 minutes that it takes to watch it. Please share it with as many people as you can. It boggles the mind to think that this kind of fraud can be committed right out in the open and yet the IRS will not take action. You can watch this shocking investigation right here....
So how in the world can illegal immigrants file tax returns without a Social Security number?
Well, the IRS says that everyone must file a tax return - even people that are making money illegally.
So illegal immigrants are given an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
Like a Social Security number, it contains nine digits and it is used by U.S. employers to withhold taxes and it is used by illegal immigrants to file their tax returns.
You might be thinking that this sounds completely insane considering the fact that it is illegal for them to have jobs in the United States, and you would be right.
But this is how the system works.
And it turns out that illegal immigrants have been exploiting the additional child tax credit to receive absolutely huge tax refunds.
Recently, a tax preparer up in Indiana blew the whistle on this whole thing. A WorldNetDaily article about this scam contained some absolutely mind blowing quotes from this whistleblower....
“We’ve seen sometimes 10 or 12 dependents, most times nieces and nephews, on these tax forms,” a tax preparer-turned-whistleblower told WTHR News. “The more you put on there, the more you get back.”
“Here’s a return right here: we’ve got a $10,300 refund for nine nieces and nephews.”
“We’re getting an $11,000 refund on this tax return. There’s seven nieces and nephews,” he said, pointing to another set of documents. “I can bring out stacks and stacks. It’s just so easy it’s ridiculous.”
Last year, the whistleblower alerted the IRS to dozens of examples of illegal immigrants using this scam.
So what happened?
The IRS took no action.
But they seem to have plenty of time to come after you and I, don't they?
The WTHR investigation mentioned above discovered one instance in which it was claimed that a total of 20 children lived in one trailer in Indiana.
Because of tax credits for those children, a total of $29,608 was paid out to several illegal immigrant workers.
But when a reporter from WTHR went to the trailer, he found that only one girl actually lived there.
What makes all of this even worse is that the IRS has known about this problem for years.
In fact, the IRS has not taken action on this problem despite report after report from the Inspector General.
Amazingly, the IRS seems to believe that there is not even a problem. The following is from a statement that the IRS issued to WTHR....
“The law has been clear for over a decade that eligibility for these credits does not depend on work authorization status or the type of taxpayer identification number used. Any suggestion that the IRS shouldn’t be paying out these credits under current law to ITIN holders is simply incorrect. The IRS administers the law impartially and applies it as it is written. If the law were changed, the IRS would change its programs accordingly.
“The IRS disagrees with TIGTA’s (inspector general) recommendation on requiring additional documentation to verify child-credit claims. As TIGTA acknowledges in this report, the IRS does not currently have the legal authority to verify and disallow the Child Tax Credit and the Additional Child Tax Credit during return processing simply because of the lack of documentation.
“The IRS has procedures in place specifically for the evaluation of questionable credit claims early in the processing stream and prior to issuance of a refund. The IRS continues to work to refine and improve our processes.”
Can you believe that?
So next year millions of illegal immigrants will once again rake in billions of dollars that they are not entitled to and the IRS will continue to look the other way.
This is yet another example of how the federal government has different rules for illegal immigrants than they have for the rest of us.
In fact, the Obama administration has now instructed government officials to use "prosecutorial discretion" in deportation cases. In essence what that means is that if an illegal immigrant has not been convicted of a crime, it will now be highly unlikely that he or she will be deported.
Over the past several decades, we have seen tens of millions of illegal immigrants come pouring into our country. They have taken our jobs and they have terrorized our communities. There are now 1.4 million gang members in the United States, and that number has increased by 40 percent since 2009. Most of that increase is due to illegal immigration.
Illegal immigration is one of the biggest national security threats that we face, and yet the federal government continues to look the other way.
Has the federal government gone completely insane?
THE MEXICAN CRIME TIDAL WAVE SPREADS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES
Everyday there are 12 Americans murdered by Mexicans and 8 children molested!
California Attorney Gen Kamala Harris announced that nearly HALF of all murders in Mex-occupied CA are by MEX GANGS!
WILL MEXICO BANKRUPT AMERICA?
CALIFORNIA UNDER MEXICAN-OCCUPATION PAYS OUT $22 BILLION PER YEAR IN SOCIAL SERVICES TO ILLEGALS!
WILL OHIO BE BANKRUPTED BY THE LA RAZA MEX-OCCUPATION THAT NOT ONE LEGAL VOTED FOR?
HOW MANY BILLIONS ARE MARYLANDERS FORCED TO PAY FOR MEX WELFARE AND LOOTING?
BARACK OBAMA, FIRST HISPANDERING LA RAZA “THE RACE” PRESIDENT – HIS LA RAZA SUPREMACIST INFESTED ADMINISTRATION:
OBAMA AND MEXICO PROMISE ILLEGALS JUMPING OUR BORDERS OBAMACARE, “FREE” MEDICAL, “FREE” ANCHOR BABY BIRTHING = 18 YEARS WELFARE, AND OUR JOBS!
ROBERT RECTOR: THE STAGGERING COST OF MEXICO’S INVASION, OCCUPATION AND EVER GROWING WELFARE STATE
ONE OF MEXICO’S BIGGEST EXPORTS NEXT TO DRUGS, AND CRIMINALS ARE PREGNANT WOMEN. THESE POOR DESPERATE WOMEN JUMP OUR BORDERS FOR “FREE” ANCHOR BABY BIRTHING = 18 YEARS OF WELFARE FOR EACH CHILD.
THE CHILDREN BORN OF MEXICANS THAT ILLEGALLY CROSSED OUR BORDERS IS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN BUT STILL A CITIZEN OF MEXICO.
THE LOOTING OF AMERICA BY MEXICO, BARACK OBAMA and ERIC HOLDER
OBAMA’S HISPANICAZATION of AMERICA:
ANCHOR BABIES – HOW MEXICO ANCHORS THEIR OCCUPATION AND EXPAND THEIR WELFARE STATE IN OUR BORDERS!
FIFTEEN THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT LA RAZA “THE RACE”
by Michelle Malkin
Only in America could critics of a group called "The Race" be labeled racists. Such is the triumph of left-wing identity chauvinists, whose aggressive activists and supine abettors have succeeded in redefining all opposition as "hate."
Both Barack Obama and John McCain will speak this week in San Diego at the annual conference of the National Council of La Raza, the Latino organization whose name is Spanish for, yes, "The Race." Can you imagine Obama and McCain paying homage to a group of white people who called themselves that? No matter. The presidential candidates and the media have legitimized "The Race" as a mainstream ethnic lobbying group and marginalized its critics as intolerant bigots. The unvarnished truth is that the group is a radical ethnic nationalist outfit that abuses your tax dollars and milks PC politics to undermine our sovereignty.
Here are 15 things you should know about "The Race":
15. "The Race" supports driver's licenses for illegal aliens.
14."The Race" demands in-state tuition discounts for illegal alien students that are not available to law-abiding U.S. citizens and law-abiding legal immigrants.
13. "The Race" vehemently opposes cooperative immigration enforcement efforts between local, state and federal authorities.
12. "The Race" opposes a secure fence on the southern border.
11. "The Race" joined the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee in a failed lawsuit attempt to prevent the feds from entering immigration information into a key national crime database -- and to prevent local police officers from accessing the data.
10. "The Race" opposed the state of Oklahoma's tough immigration-enforcement-first laws, which cut off welfare to illegal aliens, put teeth in employer sanctions and strengthened local-federal cooperation and information sharing.
9. "The Race" joined other open-borders, anti-assimilationists and sued to prevent Proposition 227, California's bilingual education reform ballot initiative, from becoming law.
8. "The Race" bitterly protested common-sense voter ID provisions as an "absolute disgrace."
7. "The Race" has consistently opposed post-9/11 national security measures at every turn.
6. Former "Race" president Raul Yzaguirre, Hillary Clinton's Hispanic outreach adviser, said this: "U.S. English is to Hispanics as the Ku Klux Klan is to blacks." He was referring to U.S. English, the nation's oldest, largest citizens' action group dedicated to preserving the unifying role of the English language in the United States. "The Race" also pioneered Orwellian open-borders Newspeak and advised the Mexican government on how to lobby for illegal alien amnesty while avoiding the terms "illegal" and "amnesty."
5. "The Race" gives mainstream cover to a poisonous subset of ideological satellites, led by Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan, or Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan (MEChA). The late GOP Rep. Charlie Norwood rightly characterized the organization as "a radical racist group … one of the most anti-American groups in the country, which has permeated U.S. campuses since the 1960s, and continues its push to carve a racist nation out of the American West."
4. "The Race" is currently leading a smear campaign against staunch immigration enforcement leaders and has called for TV and cable news networks to keep immigration enforcement proponents off the airwaves -- in addition to pushing for Fairness Doctrine policies to shut up their foes. The New York Times reported that current "Race" president Janet Murguia believes "hate speech" should "not be tolerated, even if such censorship were a violation of First Amendment rights."
3. "The Race" sponsors militant ethnic nationalist charter schools subsidized by your public tax dollars (at least $8 million in federal education grants). The schools include Aztlan Academy in Tucson, Ariz., the Mexicayotl Academy in Nogales, Ariz., Academia Cesar Chavez Charter School in St. Paul, Minn., and La Academia Semillas del Pueblo in Los Angeles, whose principal inveighed: "We don't want to drink from a White water fountain, we have our own wells and our natural reservoirs and our way of collecting rain in our aqueducts. We don't need a White water fountain … ultimately the White way, the American way, the neo liberal, capitalist way of life will eventually lead to our own destruction."
2. "The Race" has perfected the art of the PC shakedown at taxpayer expense, pushing relentlessly to lower home loan standards for Hispanic borrowers, reaping millions in federal "mortgage counseling" grants, seeking special multimillion-dollar earmarks and partnering with banks that do business with illegal aliens.
1. "The Race" thrives on ethnic supremacy -- and the elite sheeple's unwillingness to call it what it is. As historian Victor Davis Hanson observes: "[The] organization's very nomenclature 'The National Council of La Raza' is hate speech to the core. Despite all the contortions of the group, Raza (as its Latin cognate suggests) reflects the meaning of 'race' in Spanish, not 'the people'-- and that's precisely why we don't hear of something like 'The National Council of the People,' which would not confer the buzz notion of ethnic, racial and tribal chauvinism."
The fringe is the center. The center is the fringe. Viva La Raza?