U.S. is NOT headed for a recession says Steven Mnuchin – Treasury secretary makes extraordinary claim in the middle of coronavirus crisis after the worst week on Wall Street since the Great Recession, but admits a 'slowdown' is inevitable
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Sunday morning that the U.S. will not go into a recession due to the economic fallout from coronavirus
- 'I don't think so,' Mnuchin said when asked if a recession was likely
- 'The real issue is not the economic situation today,' he insisted. 'This is a unique situation. We are going to have a slowdown'
- The assertion came as markets experienced the worst since the 2008 crash
- The biggest drop came Thursday morning after Trump's Oval Office address
- Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?