According to , at least 808 people have been killed by
police so far this year, outpacing last year’s deaths by 20
victims.... and they ALL GET AWAY WITH IT!
"Police in the
United States are
trained to see the working class and
poor as a hostile enemy. Anything
less than complete submissiveness is
grounds for officers to unleash
deadly force on
their victims. In some
instances, even the most casual
encounters with police
to be deadly."
overwhelming majority of police killings, of which there are more than one
thousand every year, no officer is ever charged. In the few cases where
charges are brought, most are found not guilty. The Supreme Court has made
it nearly impossible to convict a police officer for murder stating
that an officer is permitted to use deadly force as long as he or she
believes that either they or others are in danger."
COP MURDERS IN
THOUSANDS SHOT IN THE HEAD.
JUDGES GIVE THE THUG COPS A
PASS TO DO IT AGAIN!
Two cops who shot dead Stephon Clark in his grandparents' garden after mistaking his phone for a gun will NOT face charges, as Sacramento DA reveals he had cocktail of drugs in his system and had searched suicide online
- Officers Terrance Mercadal and Jared Robinet did not act unlawfully in the killing of Stephon Clark, Sacramento DA Anne Marie Schubert said on Satuday
- Schubert revealed Clark has been involved in a domestic violence dispute with the mother of his children two days before the shooting, leaving him 'suicidal'
- The DA also revealed a number of personal text messages and internet searches that she claimed showed Clark was in a state of 'despair'
- At the time of his death, a toxicology report revealed Clark had alcohol, Xanax, codeine, hydrocodone, Marijuana and cocaine metabolite in his system
- Schubert refused to speculate whether Clark committed 'suicide by cop', and said that would be a question for a jury
- The DA said investigators used helicopter cameras, CCTV footage, 911 dispatch recordings, cell phone evidence, photos and witness testimonies as evidence
- Clark's mother Se'Quette told reporters the officers 'executed' her son and lambasted Schubert for focusing on her son's personal life in her investigation
Prosecutors have announced that two police officers who shot and killed an unarmed black man in Sacramento will face no criminal charges.
In a press conference on Saturday, Sacramento District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert said Officers Terrance Mercadal and Jared Robinet did not act unlawfully when they shot Stephon Clark, 22, as he ran from them into his grandparents' backyard.
The announcement came after a 70 minute monologue in which Schubert delved into the personal life of Clark, revealing he had taken drugs at the time of the fatal shooting, and had searched on his phone for the 'quickest way to commit suicide'.
'They executed my son,' said Stephon's mother, Se'Quette Clark, reacting to the shock verdict outside to reporters.
'They executed him in my mom's backyard and it's not right.'
Se'Quette went on to criticize Schubert for focusing too heavily on her son's personal problems instead of the officers' actions.
'That's not a permit to kill him. What matters is that those officers came around that corner on a vandalism call and killed him.'
Scroll down for video
According to Schubert, two days before he was shot dead, Clark was involved in a domestic dispute with Selena Manni, the mother of his two children, Aiden and Cairo, who were three and one at the time.
The DA said the incident 'weighed heavy on his mind' and detailed a number of text messages and internet searches to claim Clark wasn't of sound mind in the lead up to his death.
On March 16, 2018, Sacramento police responded to a report from Manni who said she had been physically assaulted by Clark.
When officers arrived at the home to photograph Manni's injuries, Clark wasn't there. But over the next 12 hours, Schubert says he's said to have attempted to call her 76 times.
During the same time period, Schubert says Clark searched both the Sacramento District Attorney's website and Sacramento Police Department's site to research domestic violence charges.
In an email draft, the 22-year-old wrote 'I'm scared I'm going to be put in jail'.
The hundreds of texts shared between Selena and Clark hinted at a 'tumultuous relationship' Schubert said.
Clark reportedly messaged his partner telling her he 'will be locked up for the rest of his life' and won't ever see his children again, after she filed abuse charges.
Selena is said to have responded that she will testify against him in court.
It was at this time that Clark purportedly began to search for the 'fastest' ways to commit suicide on his cell phone, stumbling across an article that suggested Xanax and alcohol as an affective method.
He then is said to have made a serious of calls and text messages seeking out the drug, which he successfully obtained.
In a later correspondence with Selena on the evening of March 17, Clark sent a photograph of 10 Xanax pills in his hands to her, saying 'Lets fix our family or I'm taking all of these.'
Selena's response wasn't revealed by Schubert, but she said it was 'negative'. The pair shared no further exchanges after that.
At the time of his death, a toxicology report carried out by authorities revealed that Clark had a number of drugs in his system including Xanax, alcohol, marijuana and cocaine.
When questioned, Schubert refused to speculate whether her conclusion was that Clark had attempted to 'commit suicide by cop', and instead insisted that such a question would better be suited for a jury.
The specific results of Mercadal and Robinet's toxicology reports weren't offered by Schubert, but she later said evidence suggested that neither had alcohol or drugs in their systems.
The officers had been pursuing Clark as a suspect of a spate of vandalism to cars and one home in the area before the fatal shooting occurred.
'We must recognize that they are often forced to make split-second decisions and we must recognize that they are under tense, uncertain and rapidly evolving circumstances,' Schubert said after announcing her verdict.
To reach her conclusion of no unlawful wrongdoing, in addition to Clark's cellphone records, Schubert says investigators extensively analyzed footage captured by the officers' body cameras, surveillance footage, helicopter footage, 911 dispatch recordings, photographs and witness testimonies.
In the previously unreleased body-cam footage, one officer - with his weapon drawn - can be heard shouting 'Hey, show me your hands - stop. Stop,' before adding 'Gun!' as he retreated to a cover position at the corner of the home.
Clark doesn't oblige to the demands and continues running around the back of the home, later positioning himself behind a picnic table.
In a slowed down version of the footage, Schubert said she determined Clark to be standing with his arm extended in a 'shooting stance', before advancing towards the officers.
Before presenting her findings, she admitted the footage isn't very clear and doesn't clearly show the whole exchange.
In their statements, Mercadal and Robinet said they both believed the vandalism suspect had a gun - with Mercadal believing he saw the flash of a muzzle, and Robinet saying he saw his torchlight reflect off the surface of a metallic object.
After discharging their weapons, one of the officers says 'I think I shot five times', before adding 'Are you are alright you hit?,' to the other officer.
Clark was shot seven times by the officers, and his cause of death was deemed to be from multiple gunshot wounds, Schubert said.
'Was a crime committed?' Schubert rhetorically asked reporters. 'There is no question a human being died. ... The answer to that question [though] is no and, as a result, there was no criminal liability.'
Schubert said the decision not to file charges against the officers 'does not diminish in any way the tragedy, the anger and the frustration that we heard since the time of his death'.
She said she expects the local community and Clark's family to be very angry, adding: 'We cannot ignore that there is rage within our community.'
The city has been bracing for protests ahead of the decision, with business owners warned by a business association and state government workers told by legislative officials in recent days to stay away from downtown at least through the weekend.
Protests after the shooting were largely peaceful but disrupted downtown professional basketball games and freeway traffic.
Clark's family, including his two sons, his parents and his grandparents, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in January seeking more than $20 million from the city, Mercadal and Robinet, alleging that the officers used excessive force and that their son was a victim of racial profiling.
One of the officers who shot Clark is black and the other is white, police said.
Passions were more inflamed by conflicting autopsy results.
Police said Clark was facing officers when he was killed, moving forward with his arms extended and an object in his hands.
Body-cam video of the shooting does not clearly capture all that happened after Clark ran into his grandmother's backyard.
It shows him initially moving toward the officers, who are peeking out from behind a corner of the house, but it's not clear whether he was facing them or that he knew the officers were there when they opened fire after shouting 'gun, gun, gun.'
The video shows Clark staggering sideways and falling on his stomach as the officers continue shooting.
Dr. Bennet Omalu, the pathologist whose study of chronic traumatic encephalopathy in football players prompted the NFL to adopt new safety rules designed to prevent concussions, said the autopsy he conducted for the family showed police shot Clark seven times from behind.
The official autopsy made public later said Clark was most likely shot as he approached police, consistent with the officers' story.
The pathologist retained by the Sacramento County coroner said Omalu mistook an exit wound for an entry wound, leaving the impression that police first shot Clark from the back, though Omalu defended his conclusion.
California Attorney General Xavier Becerra is conducting his own investigation at the request of local officials.
Clark's shooting helped prompt pending state legislation that would allow police to use deadly force only if there if there is no reasonable alternative, including non-lethal force or efforts to calm the situation.
Jamilia Land, a friend of Clark's family said no prosecutor's 'ruling can change the most important fact -- Stephon should be alive,' according to Detroit 4.
'Stephon was unarmed and in no way a threat. Instead, they shot 20 times and hit Stephon at least 8 times. Even then, they did not call for medical care even though he was bleeding profusely. Now the Sacramento District Attorney says it's unjust to charge these officers with Stephon's murder—where is Stephon's justice?'
No charges for Sacramento police officers who murdered Stephon Clark
On Saturday, District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert announced that she would not charge the two police officers who shot and killed Stephon Clark nearly one year ago in Sacramento, California.
Officers Terrence Mercadal and Jared Robinet murdered Clark, an unarmed 22-year-old African-American, on March 18, 2018. Pursuing Clark as a target in a vandalism case, the officers approached him with guns drawn in his grandmother’s driveway, chasing him into the backyard before they quickly fired 20 bullets. Autopsies later revealed that seven to eight bullets hit him in the back as he was turned away from the officers, with only his cell phone in hand.
Since then, the city has carried out an investigation into the shooting, which concluded on March 2 with the announcement that no charges would be filed against officers Mercadal and Robinet. Contrary to the video evidence, District Attorney Schubert said in her announcement: “Was a crime committed? There’s no question that a human being died ... But when we look at the facts and the law, and we follow our ethical responsibilities, the answer to that question is no.”
She defended the officers, explaining that both of them “believed that he was pointing a gun at them,” and further, that the video footage showed Clark “advancing” on the officers before they fired shots. These personal beliefs and interpretations, she said, connect to the legal justification for officers to use deadly force if they “honestly and reasonably” believe they are in danger.
As further defense for the officers, Schubert sought to criminalize Stephon Clark. She publicly released the findings of the review, including a reported incident of domestic violence against Clark’s fiancée, text messages between the couple, and traces of drugs found in the autopsy.
Clark’s friends and family have been outspoken about the attempts to defame his character while denouncing the refusal of the DA’s office to indict the cops. “We’re outraged,” said his mother, SeQuette Clark. “She [the district attorney] wants to go on a smear campaign on his character and his actions ... That is not a permit to kill him.”
Salena Manni, Clark’s fiancée and now the single mother of their two young children, expressed sorrow and anger. Responding to the release of personal information, she said, “Today was not about what happened on March 16, was not about what happened on March 17. It’s about when the officers murdered my fiancé. Murdered Stephon Clark. That’s what this is about.”
She sobbed, “My boys Aiden and Cairo have to grow up without their father and I have to continue on as a single parent.”
Stephon’s older brother, Stevante Clark, said at a press conference Sunday, “We should be looking at these officers. Were there drugs in their system? Let’s look at their phone records. Let’s see what they search on the internet. It’s unfair the way the district attorney assassinated my brother’s character. The defamation. The slander. Unacceptable.”
Stevante Clark was vocal in the protests that occurred in the weeks after Stephon’s murder, speaking out against the city government and poor social conditions. Hundreds of workers and young people participated in occupations of the city hall and marches through the city that drew national attention.
Protests against the DA’s decision are expected to take place throughout the week. On Sunday, several dozen people demonstrated at the Arden Fair Mall in Sacramento, which management closed down for fear of the demonstration growing too large. The protesters were mostly students aged 18 to 23, affiliated with a group called Voice of the Youth. They held signs that read: “Silence now, what next?” “No justice, no peace!” and “Clark was fatally shot 8 times on March 18. How is the officer innocent?”