Saturday, August 8, 2009

PROGRESSIVES for IMMIGRATION REFORM - Salinas CA - An American SPEAKS

Dear MEXICANOCCUPATION.blogspot,


While I believe that amnesty is treason, and that immigration should be SAFE, LEGAL, and RARE, I am more than open for discussion with those who somehow haven't grasped the disaster that amnesty, the DREAM act, AgJobs, the VISA Lottery, chain migration, and birthright citizenship have caused in Monterey county.


On a personal basis, I really enjoy Mexican culture (have been there several times), Spanish Culture and Spanish Colonial Architecture, Mexican food and music (my birthday is September 15th!) and latin dance. I have a very positive attitude toward Latinos, based on a long association with them in the construction industry. They are wonderful people---they just need to stay in their homelands and honor their wonderful cultural traditions. If they can simply reduce the population of Mexico to about one-third of what it is now, and develop strong, stable, and incorruptible political institutions, then all of Latin America can be as politically stable and prosperous as Costa Rica.



I enjoy practicing my Spanish, and love the paintings of Riviera and Siquieros. !Viva Zapeta! is one of my all time favorite movies, and I am looking forward to seeing Sin Nombre. And for those who accuse me of being a racist, I say: of course I'm a racist! I'll race anyone as old as I am (66) and as overweight as I am (about 60 pounds) anytime!

Sent: Aug 7, 2009 5:34 PM
Progressives for Immigration Reform (Salinas, California)

No comments: