Often referred to as Comprehensive Immigration Reform, pro-amnesty groups seek to offer legal permanent residence to illegal aliens. Comprehensive Immigration Reform bills were introduced in Congress in both 2006 and 2007.
- Sen. Jeff Sessions - An amendment that would require fulfillment of the Illegal Immigrant Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 and the Secure Fence Act of 2006 to build a double-layerd fence along 700 miles of the Southwest Border before amensty can be given to illegal aliens. Under the bill, DHS only has to submit a fencing strategy before amnesty is given.
- Sen. Chuck Grassley - An amendment that would require DHS to reach the 90% apprehension rate, as proposed in the bill, for at least six months before amnesty is given. The bill currently requires DHS to submit a plan describing how they'll try to reach a 90% apprehension rate before amnesty is given.
- Sen. Mike Lee - An amendment that would require Congress to approve DHS's Southern Border Security and Fencing Strategies before the amnesty is given to illegal aliens.
- Sen. Ted Cruz - An amendment that would require securing the border, including massive increases in personnel and resources along the border, and completion of a biometric entry/exit system at all ports of entry before the amnesty is given.
- Sen. John Cornyn - An amendment that would require the border secured, fencing completed, E-Verify mandated for all employers, and completion of an electronic entry/exit system at all sea and air ports before the amnesty is given.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein - An amendment that would reimburse states and local municipalities for any pre-detention costs associated with the detention of illegal aliens. The bill currently calls for reimbursement of only the detention costs.
- Sen. Chuck Grassley - An amendment that removes all instances of "high-risk" from the bill. The original bill requires DHS to attempt to reach a 90% apprehension rate in "high-risk" sectors, which were defined as sectors with at least 30,000 annual apprehensions. This amendment requires DHS to reach the 90% rate over the entire Southwest border.
The danger, as Washington Post economics columnist Robert Samuelson argues, is that of “importing poverty” in the form of a new underclass—a permanent group of working poor.
THE MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL USES ARIZONA FOR GATEWAY TO AMERICA – SHOULD WE BE THANKFUL FOR OBAMA’S SABOTAGE OF OUR BORDERS IN ARIZONA?
IS OBAMA, McCAIN and JEFF FLAKE TRAITORS OR SIMPLY HISPANDERERS FOR THE LA RAZA ILLEGALS’ VOTES???
REP. LAMAR SMITH HAS CONSISTENTLY AND OPENLY VOICED OPPOSITION TO OBAMA’S ASSAULT ON OUR BORDERS AND JOBS… even as most politicians HISPANDER for the illegals’ ILLEGAL VOTES.
Obama soft on illegals enforcement... because he's building the LA RAZA DEM PARTY and destroying the GOP with endless hordes of Mexicans climbing our border to loot!
The figures show that Mr. Obama has made good on his pledge to shift enforcement away from going after illegal immigrant workers themselves - but at the expense of Americans' jobs, said Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas, the Republican who compiled the numbers from the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE). Mr. Smith, the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, said a period of economic turmoil is the wrong time to be cutting enforcement and letting illegal immigrants take jobs that Americans otherwise would hold.
DREAM Act proposals are also a magnet for fraud. Many illegal immigrants will fraudulently claim they came here as children or that they are under 30. And the federal government has no way to check whether their claims are true or not. REP. LAMAR SMITH - ONE OF THE VERY FEW IN CONGRESS WORKING FOR AMERICANS!
...please post this article on FACEBOOK and e-send to your family and friends. email links for these services at bottom of this article