Wednesday, January 18, 2023

WHO PERPETRATES MORE ABORTION THAN BLACK AMERICA? - Pro-Abort Leader Clyburn: ‘Matthew 25:45 Warns That We Will Be Judged by How We Treat the Least Among Us’

 

Pro-Abort Leader Clyburn: ‘Matthew 25:45 Warns That We Will Be Judged by How We Treat the Least Among Us’

CNSNEWS.COM STAFF | JANUARY 18, 2023 | 4:31PM EST
Text Audio
00:0000:00
Font Size
(Photo by Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images)
(Photo by Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images)

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. James Clyburn (D.-S.C.), the majority whip and third-ranking Democrat in the House, whose 2020 voting record received a 100-percent rating from NARAL Pro-Choice Americaput out a statement last week quoting the Gospel of Matthew on how we should “treat the least among us.”

Clyburn serves as the chair of the Democratic Faith Working Group.

“I am pleased that Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries understands the significance of the Democratic Faith Working Group’s efforts to find common ground on the issues of faith and politics,” Clyburn said in his statement.

“I am honored to continue serving as Chair of the DFWG,” he said.

When the Supreme Court issued its ruling overturning Roe v. Wade last year, Clyburn sent out a tweet condemning the ruling.  “Outlawing abortion will increase the already heightened risk of death for the most vulnerable in our communities,” he said.

 

When he put out his statement about his chairing the Democratic Faith Working Group, Clyburn cited a passage from the Gospel of Matthew.

“Matthew 25:45 warns that we will be judged by how we treat the least among us,” said Clyburn. “I look forward to leading the House Democratic efforts to meet that expectation by using our faith-based perspectives to inform and guide our policies.”

Matthew 25: 41-46 says the following:

“41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

“42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

“43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

“44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

“45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

“46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.”

No comments: